Add a customer
To add a customer into PartnerStack, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Referrals tab on the left-hand side menu and click on 'Add Customer'.
2. In the window that opens, add the customer information and select the partner you want to attribute the customer to. Once completed, click on 'Submit Referral'.
This will also create the customer/referral on the partner's dashboard.
If you are adding in a missed subscription, make sure that you add the customer_key when creating the customer. As long as it matches the customer_key that you are passing us through your integrated payment provider, the subscription will track.
Record a sale
Once the customer has been created, you can record a sale so the partner gets rewarded for the customer's purchase.
You can also use these steps if sales for an already existing customer were not tracked through PartnerStack for any reason.
1. Navigate to the Referrals tab on the left-hand side menu and search for and select the customer you want to record a sale for.
This will open the customer's details:
2. Select the 'Purchases' tab on the customer page and click on 'Record a sale'.
3. Record the transaction amount for the customer:
If your offers generate rewards based on product keys, make sure you include the product_key while adding the transaction or no reward will generate for your partner.
Not sure if your offers rely on product_keys? Reach out to your Customer Success Manager or email Support@PartnerStack.com.
4. To complete recording the sale, click on the check-mark.
If you are rewarding on transactions, any relevant rewards will generate for your partner after the sale is recorded.
Missed transactions and Stripe
When adding in missed subscriptions or reoccurring transactions, it is important to know whether your integrated payment method is Stripe.
If it is, we would then need to receive a customer_create or customer_update Stripe event. Stripe transactions will not track until one of those events is received in order to append the provider_key onto the customer in PartnerStack.
A Stripe customer_update event does not have to be done via API or a developer. This can be achieved by simply changing some information in the customer's profile within Stripe.
Integrated with Stripe and not sure if your customers provider_key has been added successfully? Reach out to Support@PartnerStack.com
Changing customer attribution
In some cases, you may find a customer has been attributed to an incorrect partner.
If you need to change the customer's attributed partner, we have two options:
1) Delete the existing customer and adding a new one following the steps found in Add a customer, above.
2) Reaching out to your Customer Success Manager or the Support team and having us change the attribution on your behalf.
We recommend option one, as it can be done immediately. If you wish to do so, follow these steps:
1. Locate the customer on your referrals Referral tab and click on their name.
2. On the 'Detailed Info' tab, select the trash bin icon at the bottom of the page:
This will remove the customer entirely (including from the incorrect partners dashboard). Transactions will no longer track on deleted customers.
3. You can then follow the steps on found in Add a customer and select the correct partner you want to attribute to.
4. If the customer has made purchases, follow the steps in Record a sale to ensure that your partner earns the correct rewards.
Questions or issues? Reach out to Support@PartnerStack.com.