Connecting GrowSumo to your Mobile Application
This is a high level overview doc.
If you push code, the technical details are found in our developer docs at docs.growsumo.com
Web applications and websites should read the web overview.
The power of using GrowSumo comes from automatically tracking and rewarding your partners.
A proper integration keeps your tracking accurate, your payouts on time, and your partners happy to promote your company.
There are three parts to the full GrowSumo integration:
- Tracking Referred Signups with Branch.io
- Triggering a reward
1. Tracking Referred Signups (required)
The start of every integration with GrowSumo is also the most important step.
This is the connection between a partner (referrer) and your new user (referee). This relationship is contained within a Customer in GrowSumo.
Each Partner (influencer, reseller, affiliate) has a
partner_key which is used to tag traffic coming through a referral link to land on your website.
You'll give GrowSumo your Branch.io application key. When a Partner joins your program, GrowSumo will create a unique branch link for that Partner.
When traffic clicks on a Partner's link, Branch.io fingerprints the user's devices to track the referral across domains and devices.
GrowSumo connects the Branch information to your Partner's
partner_key within GrowSumo.
Creating a customer
A Customer in GrowSumo is a referred user who has signed up to your website.
Each customer has a,
- partner_key - that identifies who referred them
- customer_key - that uniquely identifies the customer. Like a UUID or email address
- name - helpful for identification and communication.
- email - again, helpful for identification and communication.
You'll pass this information to GrowSumo using our GrowSumo API when a user successfully registers.
You must create a customer to represent a referred sign up BEFORE triggering any rewards.
All rewards are connected to a customer.
Learn more about GrowSumoJs and creating a customer in the Technical Docs.
2. Triggering a Reward
Now that you've create a Customer it's time to trigger a reward for the partner.
GrowSumo handles the logic and payout of your rewards, all you need to do is tell GrowSumo some information about the event when it occurs.
- Percentage (%) of each sale made
- Flat amount ($) after a sales volume is reached
- Percentage (%) of first sale, and flat amount for every 5 sales after.
- Flat amount ($) for a signup
- Flat amount ($) for a website review, social media share, or eBook Download
Informing Growsumo a rewardable event has occurred
When an event occurs that you'd like to reward, your developer will setup a trigger that hits our Rewards API endpoint.
The Rewards API call has two key elements:
- customer_key (required) - to identify which customer in GrowSumo took the reward action
- product_key (optional) - links the request to the proper reward logic in GrowSumo. This is only for more advanced setup with many unique rewards.Example:product_key = "eBook" triggers a $1 reward for an eBook download.product_key = "premium" triggers a 25% reward of the purchased amount.
Learn more about Triggering a reward in the Technical docs.
3. Test your integration
We provide each program a test Partner and Testing Suite to test your integration. You must pass both the customer created, and transaction created tests before launching your program.