Connecting PartnerStack to your Web Application
This is a high level overview doc.
If you push code, the technical details are found in our developer docs at docs.partnerstack.com
Mobile Apps should read the Mobile overview
The power of using PartnerStack comes from automatically tracking and rewarding your partners. A proper integration keeps your tracking accurate, your payouts on time, and your partners happy to promote your company.
There are three parts to the full PartnerStack integration:
- Tracking Referred Signups with GrowSumoJS
- Triggering a reward
1. Tracking Referred Signups (required)
The start of every integration with PartnerStack is also the most important step. This is the connection between a partner (referrer) and your new user (referee). This relationship is contained within a Customer in PartnerStack.
Each Partner (influencer, reseller, affiliate) has a
partner_key which is used to tag traffic coming through a referral link to land on your website.
When a user clicks on a link, PartnerStack servers set a
growSumoPartnerKey on the user's browser. The value of this cookie is the partner's unique
partner key .
- initializes a GrowSumo object in your website front-end
- provides a function to track signups (growsumo.createdSignup)
- retrieves the value of the
growSumoPartnerKeycookie, making it accessible as
growsumo.data.partner_key. Useful for passing the back to your company data model.
Creating a customer
A Customer in GrowSumo is a referred user who has signed up to your website.
Each customer has a,
- partner_key - that identifies who referred them
- customer_key - that uniquely identifies the customer. Like a UUID or email address
- name - helpful for identification and communication.
- email - again, helpful for identification and communication.
Whether you use GrowSumoJS standalone, or in conjunction with the GrowSumo API, you must create a customer to represent a referred sign up BEFORE triggering any rewards.
All rewards are connected to a customer.
Learn more about GrowSumoJs and creating a customer in the Technical Docs.
2. Triggering a Reward
Now that you've created a Customer it's time to trigger a reward for the partner.
GrowSumo handles the logic and payout of your rewards, all you need to do is tell GrowSumo some information about the event when it occurs.
- Percentage (%) of each sale made
- Flat amount ($) after a sales volume is reached
- Percentage (%) of first sale, and flat amount for every 5 sales after.
- Flat amount ($) for a signup
- Flat amount ($) for a website review, social media share, or eBook Download
Informing PartnerStack a rewardable event has occurred
When an event occurs that you'd like to reward, your developer will setup a trigger that hits our Rewards API endpoint.
The Rewards API call has two key elements:
- customer_key (required) - to identify which customer in PartnerStack took the reward action
- product_key (optional) - links the request to the proper reward logic in PartnerStack This is only for more advanced setup with many unique rewards.
product_key= "eBook" triggers a $1 reward for an eBook download.
product_key= "premium" triggers a 25% reward of the purchased amount.
Learn more about Triggering a reward in the Technical docs.
3. Test your integration
We provide each program with a test Partner and Testing Suite to test your integration. You must pass both the customer created, and transaction created tests before launching your program.