Using UTMs to track where your partners come from
Recruiting partners is one of the most important factors for the success of your program.
Because there are many strategies to find and recruit partners it is important to identify your most successful channel - a process made simple by using UTMs.
1. Setting up your UTMs
You can set up as many UTMs as you like for each of your promotional channels (Twitter, Instagram, web_footer, newsletter_101, etc).
When you send traffic to your company profile (companyName.PartnerStack.com) PartnerStack will store the UTM information you attached to the link.
Formatting your UTMs
- Example: partners.partnerstack.com/?ref=EducationArticle
Important! Multiple UTMs per link
- If you're looking to include multiple UTMs on your link, please be aware that PartnerStack will break the ref value on any non-word character including '&' '+' '-'.
- To include multiple UTMs please only use alphanumerical values, and underscores (a-z, A-Z, 0-9, _ )
- Example: partners.PartnerStack.com/?ref=social__channel_twitter__Team_US18
2. Get your analytics dashboard from your account manager
Message your account manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for access to your analytics dashboard.