Resellers & Agencies:
When sharing your link, you should be highlighting the solution that you (as an individual or as a company) are providing to your customers.
Affiliates & Ambassadors
The Why and The How
So you have your referral link...Great! But now what? More importantly, what is the goal behind sharing your referral link?
Your job as a partner is to use your influence to generate clicks that lead to signups and/ or purchases which will earn you commissions!
Where Can I Share my Link?
At a very high level, social media is a great place to reach a lot of people. Creating a Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or LinkedIn page to share your referral link can capture the attention of your target market.
• Upload content (pictures or videos) featuring the product you are sharing and upload it to your social media pages!
• Use hashtags to expand your reach to more people
• If you have a website, blog, or Youtube - write a review on the product or company you are partnered with and share it with your followers!
• Seek relevant forums, online magazines, or review sites to connect you with the right audience
• Facebook and Linkedin groups are other great hubs that have a lot of engagement with your target audience
Self-promotion is an important aspect of being a partner. You want to ensure people remember that you have a referral link and who told them about a certain product or gift.
• Attach your referral link to your email signature
• Send out emails to your contact list
Tell a friend or a coworker
Did you know 20% to 50% of all purchasing decisions are made through word of mouth?
Think about the product you're recommending - does anyone come to mind (friends, coworkers, clients, etc.)? You know these people better than most people; think about their interests and make a personal recommendation!
Troubleshooting common Instagram roadblocks:
- Ensure you are adding your link to the website input field, not the description area
- If you want to shorten your referral link, we recommend that you use bit.ly (your referral activity and rewards will still track properly)
Did you know?
If you switch your personal Instagram account to a business account (which is free to do) you get the following added features, which can positively impact your success as a Partner:
- Insights: This feature offers insights into the performance of your posts, which will help you understand which posts perform well and what content really resonates with your audience.
- Contact: Direct contact options build trust and loyalty when building your brand
- Industry: Clearly stating which Industry you operate within. This is helpful for both building brand recognition within the industry you operate in, as well as creating more networking opportunities.
- Links in Stories: Having the option to add in additional links to stories opens up more opportunity for more traffic, as users are reported to take more action after clicking into a story.
Managing your social sharing image:
The majority of companies will pre-set the image that appears when sharing your link on social media, but if you are hoping to update it, you can use the following tools to do so:
Do note that you may be limited to what you can do when changing the image, as the company does have primary control over the social sharing image