Learn tips and tricks to share your referral link
So you have your referral link -- Great! But now what? More importantly, what is the goal behind sharing your referral link?
Your job as a partner is to use your influence to generate clicks that lead to signups and/ or purchases which will earn you commissions!
Where Can I Share my Link?
1. Social Media
At a very high level, social media is a great place to reach a lot of people. Creating a Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or LinkedIn page to share your referral link can capture the attention of your target market through the use of hashtags alone.
• Upload content (pictures or videos) featuring the product you are sharing and upload it to your social media pages!
• Use hashtags to expand your reach to more people
• If you have a website, blog, or Youtube - write a review on the product or company you are partnered with and share it with your followers!
• Seek relevant forums, online magazines, or review sites to connect you with the right audience
• Facebook and Linkedin groups are other great hubs that have a lot of engagement with your target audience
Self-promotion is an important aspect of being a partner. You want to ensure people remember that you have a referral link and who told them about a certain product or gift.
• Attach your referral link to your email signature
• Send out emails to your contact list
3. Tell a Friend or a Coworker
Did you know 20 to 50% of all purchasing decisions are made through word of mouth?
Think about the product you're recommending - does anyone come to mind (friends, coworkers, clients, etc.)? You know these people better than most people; think about their interests and make a personal recommendation!
More on sharing your link:
Troubleshooting the common roadblocks of social sharing and setting yourself up for success!
1. Social Media
- Ensure you are adding your link to the website input field, not the description area
- If you want to shorten your referral link, we recommend that you use bit.ly
- Not to worry! When using a bit.ly link, your referral activity and rewards will still track properly
Did you know?
If you switch your personal Instagram account to a business account (which is free to do!) you get the following added features, which can positively impact your success as a Partner:
- Insights: This feature offers insights into the performance of your posts, which will help you understand which posts perform well and what content really resonates with your audience.
- Contact: Direct contact options build trust and loyalty when building your brand
- Industry: Clearly stating which Industry you operate within. This is helpful for both building brand recognition within the industry you operate in, as well as creating more networking opportunities.
- Links in Stories: Having the option to add in additional links to stories opens up more opportunity for more traffic, as users are reported to take more action after clicking into a story.