Who is this article for?
This article will be useful to you if are a company on PartnerStack looking for more insight into how your partners are paid.
How are partners paid?
PartnerStack's automated rewards system lets you reward your partners in one easy payment. Your partners will be given the option to cash out their earnings between the 8th and 13th of each month depending on your payment provider and provided there are no invoicing delays.
Don't forget - you can review rewards throughout the month, without needing to wait for the invoice to generate!
We highly encourage all companies to review rewards throughout the month rather than waiting for the invoice, as this can make the review process easier and prevent reward delays for your partners.
For more information on how to review rewards before an invoice is generated, please see our Support Guide Reviewing partner rewards.
When am I billed?
At the beginning of each month, PartnerStack sends the Account Owner of the PartnerStack account an invoice with all the rewards earned by your partners the previous month. These partner reward invoices are also accessible within your PartnerStack dashboard, on the Invoices tab.
You have 7 full days to review the invoice before a charge is made to your account. On our standard payout timeline, the partner reward invoice will be charged early morning on the 8th of each month.
- ACH: Invoices paid by ACH are processed within 5 days by Stripe and your bank
- After this 5-day processing period, funds are released to your partners to cash out (if your invoice is charged on the 8th, rewards are made available to partners on the 13th).
- Credit card: Invoices paid by credit card are processed the same day
- Funds are released to partners when the card has been successfully charged (if your invoice is charged on the 8th, rewards are made available to partners on the 8th)
Once you have paid out rewards to a partner, under no circumstances can they be taken back. Please use your 7-day reward invoice review period to ensure you are monitoring which rewards you want to approve and payout to your partners.
If rewards have been incorrectly paid to a partner please see our Clawbacks and Incorrect Rewards support guide.
Example payout schedule
- March 1st - March 31st: Partner earns rewards
- April 1st: Partner reward invoice sent to the company for review
- April 1st - April 7th: The company reviews the invoice and flags any rewards that need to be removed
- April 8th: Partner reward invoice is charged
- April 8th-12th: Creditcard payments are processed when the invoice is charged. ACH payments are processed over a 5-day period by Stripe and your bank
- April 8-13th: Rewards are available for partners to withdraw depending on your payment method, and invoice charge date
Note: Invoices paid via ACH must be charged on the 8th to ensure it can be processed by Stripe and your bank for the rewards to be available to partners on the 13th.
What happens if the invoice charge fails?
To ensure the above payout timeline works seamlessly, be sure to keep updated payment information on your PartnerStack account. Any delays in payment of your partner reward invoice will result in the same length of delay in paying your partners their earned rewards.
If you notice a partner invoice charge has failed, please contact your Customer Success Manager or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.