Who is this article for?
This article will be useful to you if are a company looking to personalize the links provided to your partners.
Customize link domain
PartnerStack links are initially formatted as YourCompanyName.grsm.io, this guide explains how to customize the links to replace grsm.io with a personalized alternative.
1. Gain access to your DNS records
- Speak with your engineers or webmaster to determine who has access to create a DNS record.
- Decide on your link domain and subdomain
- Your subdomain is the first part of the link. Many companies use the prefix "try" or "get", however, you may choose anything. For example, try.acme.com or get.acme.com
- Your domain is simply the root domain of your website, for example, Acme.com
2. Add DNS CNAME record
Create a CNAME record in your DNS to point your custom name to grsm.io.
yourSubdomain.yourDomain.com CNAME grsm.io
For example, a company named Acme that decides to use the custom domain get.acme.com would set up the following record.
get.acme.com CNAME grsm.io
3. Contact PartnerStack Support
Please contact email@example.com with the details of the CNAME record you've established. We will make the necessary changes on our end to accommodate.
4. Test Link
Once your custom link has been added to your account, test your link by appending /gstest to your custom link domain.
Using the example above, the Acme test link would be get.acme.com/gstest
You can also check the status of your custom links by using the 'dig' command in a console. This will return the DNS records for a given domain.
Open Terminal, and use dig as such:
$ dig customDomain.Domain.com
Which should return,
customDomain.Domain.com. 300 IN CNAME grsm.io.
grsm.io. 300 IN A 220.127.116.11
5. Notify your partners
If you are replacing existing grsm.io links, please notify your partners once you have created your custom domain so that partners can update their links wherever they have shared them.
- We recommend sending an email campaign to your partners or using an announcement to let them know that new links are available for your program.
While partner's grsm.io links will still work and track activity, users with Adblocker will see a "disable blocking and continue to the site" message. For more information on grsm.io links and Adblocker see our PartnerStack and Adblockers support guide.