Who is this article for?
This article will be useful to you if are a company looking to personalize the links provided to your partners.
Customize link domain
PartnerStack links are initially formatted as YourCompanyName.grsm.io, this guide explains how to customize the links to replace grsm.io with a personalized alternative.
1. Gain access to your DNS records
- Decide on your link domain and subdomain
- Your subdomain is the first part of the link. Many companies use the prefix "try" or "get", however, you may choose anything. For example, try.acme.com or get.acme.com
- Your domain is simply the root domain of your website, for example, Acme.com
2. Add DNS CNAME record
Create a CNAME record in your DNS to point your custom name to grsm.io or partnerlinks.io
yoursubdomain.yourdomain.com CNAME grsm.io
yourSubdomain.yourDomain.com CNAME partnerlinks.io
Should I use grsm.io or partnerlinks.io?
To determine which CNAME you should point your domain to, log into your PartnerStack dashboard and navigate to your All Partners tab.
Select any partner and review the referral link format. If the links contain “grsm.io”, set up your CNAME record to point to grsm.io. If the links contain “partnerlinks.io”, set up your CNAME record to point to partnerlinks.io.
For example, a company whose initial domain is grsm.io and decides to use the custom domain get.acme.com would set up the following record:
get.acme.com CNAME grsm.io
A company whose initial domain is partnerlinks.io and decides to use the custom domain get.acme.com would set up the following record:
get.acme.com CNAME partnerlinks.io
3. Contact PartnerStack Support
4. Test Link
$ dig customDomain.Domain.com
5. Notify your partners
If you are replacing existing grsm.io links, please notify your partners once you have created your custom domain so that partners can update their links wherever they have shared them.
- We recommend sending an email campaign to your partners or using an announcement to let them know that new links are available for your program.
While partner's grsm.io links will still work and track activity, users with Adblocker will see a "disable blocking and continue to the site" message. For more information on grsm.io links and Adblocker see our PartnerStack and Adblockers support guide.