Customize Link Domain
PartnerStack links are initially formatted as YourCompanyName.grsm.io, this guide explains how to customize the links to replace grsm.io with a personalised alternative.
1. Gain access to Your DNS Records
- Speak with your engineers or webmaster to determine who has access to create a DNS record.
- Decided on your link domain and subdomain
- Your subdomain is the first part of the link. Many companies use the prefix "try" or "get", however you may choose anything. For example, try.stripe.com or get.stripe.com
- Your domain is simply the root domain of your website, for example Stripe.com
2. Add DNS CNAME Record
Create a CNAME record in your DNS to point your custom name to grsm.io.
yourSubdomain.yourDomain.com CNAME grsm.io
For example, a company named Stripe who decides to use the custom domain get.stripe.com would setup the following record.
get.stripe.com CNAME grsm.io
3. Contact PartnerStack Support
Please contact email@example.com with the details of the CNAME record you've established. We will make the necessary changes on our end to accommodate. Please allow up to 48 hours for your account to be updated and changes to be reflected in global DNS systems.
3. Test Link
Once your custom link has been added to your account, test your link by appending /gstest to your custom link domain.
Using the example above, the Stripe test link would be get.stripe.com/gstest
You can also check the status of your custom links by using the 'dig' command in a console. This will return the DNS records for a given domain.
Open Terminal, and use dig as such:
$ dig customDomain.Domain.com
Which should return,
customDomain.Domain.com. 300 IN CNAME grsm.io.
grsm.io. 300 IN A 18.104.22.168