Triggers are an extremely powerful feature that allows you to automate actions to occur when specific things happen in PartnerStack.
We highly recommend working with your CSM to set up triggers as it is important to understand and ensure triggers are set up correctly and partners are being rewarded accurately.
How to Create a Trigger
Navigate to the Triggers tab on the left-hand side of your dashboard and click 'Create'.
Name- A descriptive name that will help you easily differentiate between triggers you've set up
Event- Clicking here will give you a drop-down list of the different event types. This will determine when a trigger should take action.
- Transaction Created: A new transaction has been created. Transactions represent a purchase made by a Customer that has signed up through a partner.
- Customer Created: A new customer has been created
- Action Created: This uses our Actions API to set up an action that triggers a reward.
- Link Click: A new link click has been created. Link clicks are created when someone clicks your partner's link.
- Partner Joined: Partners enter a group when they join a program. This event type can move a partner from one group to another.
- Deal Stage Change: When a partner updates the stage of an opportunity they are working using the Deal Registration feature.
- Lead is Closed: The final stage of an Opportunity being worked by a company's sales team using our Lead Submission feature. This stage change is typically sent from a company's sales team.
- Lead is Qualified: When a lead has been approved or accepted by a sales team to be worked as an opportunity using the Lead Submission feature.
Note: Typically Transaction Created is used to set up Offers.
Rules- After selecting the trigger event, you need to determine what rules need to be met before the trigger will apply. Based on the Event type selection in the previous step, the items available to create the conditions for each rule will vary.
Action- This is the event that takes place when the trigger event and rules have been met. Depending on the Event type selected, the Action list may vary.
Note: Selecting 'Generate Reward' from the Action list will create an offer that can reward your partner(s).
Set up Offer- Determines how partners will be rewarded.
- Group: Select either 'All Groups' or a single group to apply the offer
- Offer Type: Select either a 'Flat' dollar reward or a 'Percentage' of the transaction.
- Offer Value: Enter either the flat dollar amount for the reward or the percentage of the transaction you want to reward your partners
- Description: How the offer will be displayed to the partner on their dashboard.
Examples include: “Earn 20% of every sale made” or “Earn a bonus $100 for your 10th sale”.
Once you have created and finalized your trigger, click on the 'Create' button.
To see examples of how to set up common Offer Triggers, click here.