At some point, you may want to manually create a reward for a partner outside of the automatic incentives you've set up via triggers.
For instance, you may want to:
- offer a special one-time reward to a partner as an additional perk or thank-you
- backfill a missed reward
For cases where a referral purchases a subscription (or makes recurring transactions on monthly/ quarterly/annual basis) but the referral was not tracked in PartnerStack, it is best practice to add a customer and manually record a sale instead of providing a one-time manual reward.
Creating a manual reward
To create a one-time reward for your partner, follow these steps:
2. Click into the Partner Management > All partners tab on the left-hand side
3. Locate for the partner you want to reward using the search bar (by name, email, or partner key)
4. Click on their name to open up the Partner Details view, and then select Manual Rewards
5. A drawer will then open up. Here, you can add in your reward title, reward amount, and (if applicable) search for the customer the reward should be referenced to.
6. Click Create Reward to finalize reward creation
In the Manual Rewards drawer view, you will see three input fields:
Reward title - Here, you can provide information about the reward. It is a good practice to fill this out with as much detail as possible, as it will give insight to both you and the partner about what the reward is for.
Reward Amount - The total amount you would like to reward the Partner
Reference customer - If you are creating a manual reward for a transaction that did not show in PartnerStack, we recommend attaching the reference customer to provide clarity and make it easier to reconcile rewards and customers.
Once you've click Create Reward, this will generate the reward and it will be visible to both you and your partner. You can review it on the Review rewards tab in your dashboard.
Once your next partner reward invoice generates, it will automatically be added to that invoice and paid out in the usual payout flow.
To learn more about reviewing rewards, see Reviewing Partner Rewards.
To learn more about the invoicing and payout process, see Paying your Partner Rewards/