Who is this article for?
This article will be useful to you if are a company on PartnerStack looking to create a one-time reward for a partner.
At some point, you may want to manually create a reward for a partner outside of the automatic incentives you've set up via triggers.
For instance, you may want to:
- offer a special one-time reward to a partner as an additional perk or thank-you
- backfill a missed reward
For cases where a referral purchases a subscription (or makes recurring transactions on monthly/ quarterly/annual basis) but the referral was not tracked in PartnerStack, it is best practice to add a customer and manually record a sale instead of providing a one-time manual reward.
Creating a manual reward
To create a one-time reward for your partner, follow these steps:
- Log in to your PartnerStack account
- Click into the Partner Management > "All partners" tab on the left-hand side
- Locate for the partner you want to reward using the search bar (by name, email, or partner key)
- Click on their name to open up the "Partner Details" view, and then select "Manual Rewards"
- A drawer will then open up. Here, you can add in your reward description, reward amount, and (if applicable) you can connect this reward to a customer in PartnerStack.
- Click "Create Reward" to finalize reward creation
Once you've clicked "Create Reward", this will generate the reward and it will be visible to both you and your partner. You can review it on the "Review rewards" tab in your dashboard. To learn more about reviewing rewards, see Reviewing partner rewards.
Once your next partner reward invoice generates, it will automatically be added to that invoice and paid out in the usual payout flow. To learn more about the invoicing and payout process, see Paying your partner rewards.
In the Manual Rewards drawer view, you will see three input fields:
- Reward description - Here, you can provide information about the reward. It is a good practice to fill this out with as much detail as possible, as it will give insight to both you and the partner about what the reward is for.
- Reward amount - The total amount you would like to reward the partner.
- Connecting a customer - If you are creating a manual reward for a transaction that did not show in PartnerStack, we recommend attaching the reference customer to provide clarity and make it easier to reconcile rewards and customers.