Who is this article for?
This article will be useful to you if are a company on PartnerStack looking to collect information on your partners.
What are partner fields?
Partner fields provide a way for you to collect information about your partners and store that information within PartnerStack or send it out to a CRM.
Once you have created your partner fields in your company dashboard, they will be available for your partners to fill out in their dashboards.
This will enable you to collect important information about your partners in a format that can change over time.
Collecting this information will allow you to understand your partners better, and use that data to scale revenue and improve partner activation. You can collect and store important information about partners beyond preliminary information collected in an application form, and update that information as things change.
How to use partner fields
Note: Your CSM will need to toggle this feature on.
Navigate to Settings > Features >
Next to Partner Fields click "Configure"
Click "Add form field" and select your desired field type
- Add a label to the field and mark the field as required or hidden
- If adding a drop-down or checkbox field, add the options and if desired, select a default option
- Click "Add field"
Once created, partners will be able to see a tab in their dashboard called “My Profile”. Partners can click on the tab to fill out any fields available to them.
There are 6 different input types that can be used to collect information on forms:
- Input- a small text field
- Text Area - a larger text field
- Dropdown- create a list of options the partner can choose from
- Checkbox- a toggle option
- Country - creates a dropdown list of all countries to be selected from
- Region - a small text field that can be used to collect state/province/city information
How to update a partner's field
You may want to update a partner’s fields for them, and not rely on partners to fill out their own fields 100% of the time. In this case, there are a few ways to do this. You can update partners’ fields through:
- The API
- Manually; by clicking into a partner on the partner list, and clicking “view custom fields”
Note: Partners will not get a notification that their field values have been changed.