Who is this for? This article will be useful to you if you are a partner looking to pass ownership of your PartnerStack account to a new partner.
The owner of a PartnerStack account is the owner of the main email address on file.
If you are a partner working at an agency, you may need to pass ownership of your PartnerStack account to a new or different co-worker during role changes.
You may also wish to pass ownership of your account to a new partner if you are the owner of a partner team and want to pass ownership of your team to a different coworker.
It is possible for the current partner team owner to reassign team ownership to another member of your partner team following the steps in this support guide.
If your team owner has left your company, team Admin or Finance members can request to transfer team ownership by reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Team ownership cannot be changed or requested by teammates with member permissions.
If you are the current account owner
If you are the current account owner, you can update your account email either in-app or by contacting our support team from your email address on file.
- If you sign in using your email and a password, you can update your account email in your account profile following the steps in this support guide.
- If you sign in using Google authentication ("Sign in with Google") you will first need to remove the Google authentication from your account and create a password before you can update your account email.
Please note, each email address can only be in use on one PartnerStack account.
If the new account owner already has a PartnerStack account using their preferred email address they can:
- Use an alias of their email address (email@example.com)
- Use a second email address they have access to
- Reach out to our support team who can help free up their current email address
If you are not the current account owner
For security reasons, the request to change ownership of an account must come from the current account email on file.
If you are not the current account owner, i.e. you work at an agency and the main account owner is another employee, your next steps will be determined by whether or not the current account owner is still at your company.
- If the employee is still at your company, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and cc your co-worker requesting that they confirm the account ownership change.
- If the employee is no longer at your company, and their email has been deactivated please have your IT department reactivate the email address, and contact email@example.com to request the email change from the original email on file.
In either case, once support has received a confirmation sent from the current email address on file, they can assist with updating the main email on file and resetting the account password.
Account ownership best practices
Using company-owned email addresses:
If you creating or running a PartnerStack partner account on behalf of an agency or partner team we recommend using a company-owned email address that will not be deactivated during personnel changes (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc).
Include account transfer in offboarding:
If you would prefer to have a specific employee's email as the main email address on file we recommend including transferring account ownership in your off-boarding process.
Set partner team Admin and Finance members:
Teammates with Admin and Finance permissions are able to request ownership changes for a partner team if their partner team owner has left their company. Having an Admin and/or Finance member set ensures ownership changes can be made to your partner team in the future.